Top Header

Sunday 15 July 2018

Poem -- I NEVER EVER COMPLAIN

 I NEVER EVER COMPLAIN

I wake up in the morning, it's dark and miserable outside
Where are my glasses, last night they were this side,
I'll swear by all that's Holy it's where I left them last night.
Well said my husband I can see them, clear and bright,
They're sitting on your forehead, where they have been all night.

I can't find my hearing aid or my dental plates
What's has happened to my slippers I'm going to be late.
Please help me find my appointment book and tell me the date
I think Id better stay in bed, I'm getting in a state.

Ma, shouts my eldest son, there a man on the phone, for you.
Please take a message, I'm never going to get through.
I still have to have my shower, Ill bet the water won't be hot,
The window is wide open, the floor is soapy wet.
I'll settle for the flu, or do you guys want me dead.

I don't know why I can't find my keys, where can they be
I'm going into Town, I need my ID, Oy Vay I need my purse.
Every second I'm around here matters, seem to get worse..
Your keys are on the sideboard, they all  shout at me.
You don't have to worry, your appointment's for three.

I relax and ponder, why they all ganged up against me.
They complain they at I never put things, where they ought to be,
And they complain that they always have to look,
From morning till night the missing Newspapers, Lipsticks, or Book
The diatribe is giving me lots and lots of pain.
They don't seem to understand that I never complain.




by Hillie Feldman.   7th January 2003


No comments:

Post a Comment